Monday, February 15, 2010

Trolling Motor Electric Vs Gas Gas Or Electric Trolling Motor On My 14' Fiberglass V-hull?

Gas or electric trolling motor on my 14' Fiberglass v-hull? - trolling motor electric vs gas

Just need to know if an electric motor work together to do for my boat, or if I choose a gas engine. It should also mount on the back of the engine, and you do not have much space. Can I be stuck gas engine almost as small, yet I am with E-. All I really want is for my old outboard engines have closed on me in the middle of the lake. I have a deep cycle battery for main engine, can I or should I apply to another.

2 comments:

Joe P said...

An electric motor weighs less and takes up less space. His boat is small enough for a great power could result, however, I tried to hear in an aluminum housing of the small boat 12 'and when I ran into a slight breeze and a few weeds, I am dead in the water. You can use the same batteries, used to be only used if the main engine fails. What is taking along a cell phone and some phone numbers of marinas in the area. Also a vessel to stop by the trailer works very well here in the Midwest, where I live. Spend more on a backup then you are in the trailers.

trunorth said...

My recommendation would be electric. You, the quiet operation and appearance of the remote control.

Try it with a second battery. I hate to burn starter battery with drag engine. Flop deep cycle for the traction motors and buy a combination of batteries from the main engine and other systems.

Good luck

Post a Comment